Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: The Year In Review

I'm not going to mince words here folks: 2015 was the worst year of my life. Not by a little bit, but by leaps and bounds. You all know the reason why this is the case so I'm not really going to say anything more about that. I want to focus on the year ahead, which I am hoping will be one filled with the joy that has been sorely lacking in the latter half of 2015. There are so many new things on the horizon as I leave "the year that can eat shit and die in a fire" behind that it is hard to even keep them all straight. Moving to a new city and starting a new job are going to be challenging, but nothing I haven't done before. Plus I am 10 years older, hopefully wiser, and definitely several inches bigger around and many pounds heavier than I was the last time I did this. That's an important factor because the larger fat reserves should come in handy if I somehow end up unable to feed myself. This upcoming move also doesn't feel so daunting as when I moved to New York back in 2005. At least I know a lot of people in Pittsburgh and have been there more than a couple of times! Leaving NYC behind is not going to be easy, but it's a change whose time has come. Also,  it's not like I'm moving to the other side of the world, and NY is still going to be right where I left it.

So that's about all I have to say in summing up this year. I normally don't really get into the symbolism of the change over to a new year but this year I am happy to say goodbye to this bag of diseased assholes we've been calling the year 2015. It can't be 2016 soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you, son! Good riddance, 2015! Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

    ReplyDelete